The Records Division is responsible for maintaining Police Reports and other documents in the vast storehouse of information. The Records Division consists of 3 full time Records Technicians and 1 Records Supervisor. The Records Staff serves the citizens, governmental agencies, businesses, and internal staff. The Records Staff interacts in person at the lobby window, by mail, by email and on the telephone.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Greet citizens coming into the police department lobby.
• Assist citizens with other concerns by directing them to the proper source of service.
• Provide copies of police reports/documentation to other law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies, citizens, businesses, etc.
• Perform various administrative duties in regards to: Red Light Camera Violations, Fingerprinting,Background Checks, Noise Complaints, Parking Violations, Court Appearances, etc.
• Process police reports from data entry review to converting documents into electronic format.
• Ensure that police reports are categorized for the compiling of the Uniform Crime Report data. To learn more about Uniform Crime Reporting go to Florida Department of Law Enforcement: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FSAC/UCR-Reports.aspx or to the Federal Bureau of Investigations: https://ucr.fbi.gov/ucr.
• Forward police reports and supporting documentation for prosecution with the State Attorney’s Office, Clerk of the Courts, Driver License’s Hearing Office, etc.
• Records Retention and Destruction.
Providing copies of police reports, per the Records Request Form (PDF), to other law enforcement agencies, social services agencies, public citizens, etc.